HLTAID014 - Provide Advanced First Aid (including CPR) - $380 (GST Free)
ADVANCED FIRST AID (INCLUDING CPR)
Challenging situations, such as multiple casualty incidents, having to move or extricate casualties, or treating potentially fatal illnesses and injuries are high risk. It is imperative that training occurs to be able to know what to do when confronted with a real-life incident.
This course provides practical simulated real-life situations to learn and gain the confidence to coordinate and manage a response and provide advanced first aid in line with legal, community and workplace considerations, Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and other Australian national peak clinical bodies until emergency services arrive.
Instruction on basic first aid and CPR will be provided, as well as treatments specific to advanced conditions, such as hypothermia or hyperthermia, head, neck and spinal injuries, using tourniquets and haemostatic dressings for life-threatening bleeding, and managing a casualty in shock.
The course covers recording casualty condition, completing workplace incident documentation and debriefing for recognising areas for improvement, psychological impacts, and seeking help as required.
Unit Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd - RTO 90909.
HLTAID014 - Provide Advanced First Aid
HLTAID011 - Provide First Aid
HLTAID010 - Provide basic emergency life support
HLTAID009 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
This unit HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid supersedes the previous competency HLTAID006 Provide Advanced First Aid.
Important information prior to enrolment
+ COURSE DELIVERY
This course will be delivered in the workplace, a venue of your choice or at a 1300DISASTER facility.
+ ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations, such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
Online study: Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
+ COURSE DURATION
- Face to Face – 16 hours (minimum) full face to face course
- Online delivery with face to face - 6 hours (minimum)
+ ASSESSMENT REQUIREMENTS
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
+ CERTIFICATE RENEWAL REQUIREMENTS
It is recommended that renewal for this course is undertaken every 3 years, with the additional requirement of updating the CPR component every 12 months.
+ COURSE FEES AND PAYMENTS
Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
+ LEARNERS RIGHTS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND SUPPORT, INCLUDING COMPLAINTS
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
What happens at the course?
+ LEARNING ACTIVITIES
Delivery of course information and learning activities.
+ ASSESSMENT ACTIVITIES
Performance tasks and practical scenarios:
- Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of an AED and placing a casualty into the recovery position)
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on the adult CPR simulated first aid scenario
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Manage a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Manage a casualty with asthma
- Manage a choking casualty
- Manage a casualty with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock, requiring minor wound cleaning
- Manage a casualty with a nosebleed
- Manage a casualty with a fracture and dislocation
- Manage a casualty with a sprain and strain
- Manage a casualty with envenomation (snake/ funnel-web spider bite)
- Simulated First Aid Scenario - Manage a casualty with a life-threatening bleed
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on the life-threatening bleed first aid scenario
- Coordinate a multiple casualty incident
Theory assessment: A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions.