HLTSS00068 - Occupational First Aid Skill Set ($535 GST Free)
This course is appropriate for people who are either employed or intending to become employed in, nominated occupational first aider roles. It is delivered in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines, relevant state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authority requirements, safe work practices, and first aid code of practice.
The course provides simulated real-life scenarios for a set of skills to provide advanced first aid, oxygen therapy, advanced resuscitation, ongoing monitoring and care after treatment, handover of the casualty to emergency services and incident debriefing or evaluation to improve future operations, address individual needs recognising psychological impacts and seeking help as required.
Participants learn to develop and maintain first aid action plans in consultation with relevant parties, undertake a risk assessment to establish, maintain and facilitate the provision of appropriate first aid in a workplace environment, follow manufacturer’s instructions and complete documentation including checklists for stocking and maintaining equipment such as resuscitation and oxygen equipment and first aid kits.
PROVIDER OF TRAINING AND ASSESSMENT
This course is delivered by 1300DISASTER, on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd - RTO 90909
Unit Being Delivered
The following units will be included in your certificate:
HLTAID014 - Provide Advanced First Aid
HLTAID016 - Manage first aid services and resources
HLTAID011 - Provide First Aid
HLTAID015 - Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy
HLTAID009 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
HLTAID010 - Provide basic emergency life support
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
Important information prior to enrolment
+ COURSE DELIVERY
- This course can be delivered/assessed in the workplace or at facility organised by 1300DISASTER.
+ ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations, such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
Online study: Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
+ COURSE DURATION
Course durations can vary for multiple reasons, so the durations below are the minimum possible amount. *
- Face-to-Face - 24 Hours (minimum)
- Online with face-to-face assessment 8 Hours (minimum)
+ ASSESSMENT REQUIREMENTS
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
+ CERTIFICATE RENEWAL REQUIREMENTS
This certificate does not require renewal.
+ COURSE FEES AND PAYMENTS
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
+ WORK PLACEMENT ARRANGEMENTS
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
+ LEARNERS RIGHTS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND SUPPORT, INCLUDING COMPLAINTS
Please note that enrolment to this course is made by 1300DISASTER, on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
What happens at the course?
+ LEARNING ACTIVITIES
Delivery of course information and learning activities.
+ ASSESSMENT ACTIVITIES
Performance tasks and practical scenarios:
- Perform CPR on an adult (incl. single and two-rescuer CPR, using a bag-valve-mask, select and insert an appropriate airway adjunct, manage oxygen equipment and use an AED to deliver at least one shock)
- Place a casualty into the recovery position
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on a simulated first aid scenario
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Manage a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Manage a casualty with asthma
- Manage a choking casualty
- Manage a casualty with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock, requiring minor wound cleaning
- Manage a casualty with a nosebleed
- Manage a casualty with a fracture and dislocation
- Manage a casualty with a sprain and strain
- Manage a casualty with envenomation (snake/ funnel-web spider bite)
- Coordinate a multiple casualty incident
- Manage a casualty with a life-threatening bleed and provide oxygen
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on the life-threatening bleed scenario
- Maintain resuscitation equipment
- Conduct a workplace risk assessment
- Develop a first aid response plan including strategies for management of incidents
- Use a first-aid checklist to service a workplace first aid kit for supplies’ replacement and equipment maintenance
Theory assessment: A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions.