Course Set - HLTAID009, UETDREL006 & UETDRMP007(CPR, Work safely in the vicinity of electrical apparatus & LVR) ($140 GST Free)
This unit involves the skills and knowledge required to perform a rescue from live low voltage (LV) electrical apparatus in an electricity supply industry (ESI) environment. This does not include overhead lines and underground cables.
It includes the organisational workplace requirements for the inspection and use of live LV panel rescue equipment, and how it applies to ESI workers to meet work health and safety (WHS)/occupational health and safety (OHS), mobility and mutual aid requirements.
Completing the course will provide an individual with the skills and knowledge to stay safe and understand compliance requirements for safe approach distances for the worker, plant, tools and equipment and consists of real-life practical skills and knowledge to allow the participant to be able to identify and mitigate hazards in their working environment.
Furthermore, it will provide an individual with the skills and knowledge to carry out and complete the LV panel rescue procedure and to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on a casualty in a range of situations. It consists of real-life practical skills and knowledge to allow the participant to be assessed as competent in providing CPR in line with Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines as well as rescue procedures from a LV apparatus.
Due to the high-risk nature of the industry, the program is regarded as a mandatory requirement for specific industries in which employees are required develop or maintain their professional skills.
This course set incorporates the content of the following units:
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- UETDREL006 Work safely in the vicinity of live electrical apparatus as a non-electrical worker
- UETDRMP007 Perform a rescue from a live LV panel
Provider of Training and Assessment
This course is delivered and assessed on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909 by 1300DISASTER
Units Being Delivered
The following units will be included in your certificate:
- HLTAID009 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- UETDRMP007 - Perform rescue from a live low voltage panel
- UETDREL006 - Work safely in the vicinity of live electrical apparatus as a non-electrical worker
This course can be delivered/assessed in the workplace or at facility organised by the training provider.
An individual undertaking this course with Allens Training Pty Ltd will need to demonstrate the following to be eligible for entry:
- Physical capability to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration skills including CPR and performing rescue breathing techniques on manikins Physical fitness to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration skills including manual handling in the rescue of a mock casualty
- Sufficient English language, literacy, numeracy and visual interpretation skills to successfully complete the course
- Personal safety equipment (PPE) must be provided by the student and worn during practical sessions
Important note: In order to issue an accredited certificate, CPR must be performed on the floor with no exemptions. Participants will be required to demonstrate rescue breathing techniques on manikins. Participants will not have the opportunity to request an exemption from providing rescue breaths if they wish to gain a competent result in the Unit of Competency and/or qualification.
Online study options: The online learning program can be found in the student portal. Students must have access to a computer, smart phone, tablet, or other electronic device with access to the internet to complete the online studies and practical assessment.
Refresher min. duration
Blended min. duration
Face-to-face min. duration
Online with face-to-face min. duration
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
Certificate Renewal Requirements
The units have the following recommended renewal periods:
HLTAID009 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
UETDRMP007 - Perform rescue from a live low voltage panel
UETDREL006 - Work safely in the vicinity of live electrical apparatus as a non-electrical worker
Learning Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website allenstraining.com.au (https://allenstraining.com.au/students/student-handbook) for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Performance tasks and practical scenarios:
- Adult CPR
- Infant CPR
- Conduct a risk assessment
- Complete Risk Assessment forms
- Inspection and placement of rescue equipment
- Prepare to work safely and respond to an LV incident
- Complete an Incident Report
Theory assessment: A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions.