PUAEME008 - Provide pain management $175.00 (GST Free)
This course is designed to provide the knowledge and skills required to administer analgesics to provide pain management as part of a medically supervised first responder organisation. Personnel from emergency services, volunteer organisations or organisations that provide a medically supervised first aid service often require this unit.
It includes identifying the need for analgesia; accessing, preparing, and administering restricted pain relief such as aspirin, ibuprofen, paracetamol, methoxyflurane, and Entonox to medically endorsed protocols; performing casualty handovers and completing analgesic use requirements including a Drug Register.
Unit Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
PUAEME005 Provide pain management
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
Important information prior to enrolment
+ COURSE DELIVERY
This course will be delivered in the workplace or at a 1300DISASTER training facility. Online learning with face to face assessment.
+ ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
An individual undertaking this course with Allens Training Pty Ltd will need to demonstrate the following to be eligible for entry:
Hold the pre-requisite unit HLTAD011 Provide First Aid
- Physical capability to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration skills
- Online study options: students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online studies.
+ COURSE DURATION
- Face to Face – 5 hours (minimum) – full face to face course
- Online delivery with face to face Practical assessment – self paced online learning with a scheduled 30-minute face to face practical assessment.
- Refresher training – 4 hours (minimum) – conditions apply for this option, for example, you will need to provide previous current certificates.
+ ASSESSMENT REQUIREMENTS
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
+ CERTIFICATE RENEWAL REQUIREMENTS
No industry recommended renewal is identified on the certificate, employees are recommended to consult with stakeholders to identify appropriate training periods.
+ COURSE FEES AND PAYMENTS
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
+ WORK PLACEMENT ARRANGEMENTS
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
+ LEARNERS RIGHTS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND SUPPORT, INCLUDING COMPLAINTS
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with 1300DISASTER. Please refer to the student handbook for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
PROVIDER OF TRAINING AND ASSESSMENT
This course is delivered by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909
What happens at the course?
+ LEARNING ACTIVITIES
Delivery of course information and learning activities.
+ ASSESSMENT ACTIVITIES
Assessments conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include:
Practical scenarios -
- two (2) pain management and handover to paramedics (aspirin, paracetamol or Ibuprofen option and a methoxyflurane or Entonox option
- Drug register logs
- First aid incident report form
Theory assessment - A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.