HLTAID011 - Provide First Aid (inc. CPR) - $150 (GST Free)
FIRST AID (INCLUDING CPR)
With instruction and practical training in line with legal, workplace, and community considerations, Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines, and other Australian national peak clinical bodies, this first aid course teaches the skills and knowledge to recognise emergencies and provide immediate and effective first aid treatment to any person suffering a sudden illness or injury.
The course covers assessing the casualty, providing safety, accessing emergency services, and using resources to provide first aid, such as providing CPR and using a defibrillator, administering an autoinjector for anaphylaxis, administering asthma medication, assisting someone choking, using appropriate immobilisation techniques for envenomation, fractures, dislocations, sprains and strains, managing casualties with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock.
You will learn basic anatomy, physiology, and the differences between adults, children, and infants relating to CPR, the importance of the chain of survival, written and verbal reporting of incident details, reviewing incidents to improve own skills and response times, to recognise psychological impacts, and seeking help as required.
Unit Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd - RTO 90909.
HLTAID011 - Provide First Aid
HLTAID010 - Provide basic emergency life support
HLTAID009 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
This unit HLTAID011 Provide First Aid supersedes the previous competency HLTAID003 Provide First Aid.
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
Important information prior to enrolment
+ COURSE DELIVERY
- This course can be delivered in the workplace, a venue of your choice or at a 1300DISASTER facility.
+ ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations, such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
Pre-course study: Students may be required to undertake online pre-course work prior to attending the face to face session depending on the course delivery mode.
Online study: Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
+ COURSE DURATION
- Face to Face – 7.5 hours (minimum) full face to face course
- Blended delivery – 6 hours (minimum) face to face course with the addition of 2 hours self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course
- Refresher training – 6 hours (minimum) face to face course – conditions apply for this option, for example, you will need to provide previous current certificates.
- Online Training with Face to Face Assessment - 60 minutes (minimum) face to face assessment with the addition of 6 hours of self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course.
+ ASSESSMENT REQUIREMENTS
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
+ CERTIFICATE RENEWAL REQUIREMENTS
It is recommended that renewal for this course is undertaken every 3 years, with the additional requirement of updating the CPR component every 12 months.
+ COURSE FEES AND PAYMENTS
Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
+ WORK PLACEMENT ARRANGEMENTS
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
+ LEARNERS RIGHTS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND SUPPORT, INCLUDING COMPLAINTS
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
+ LEARNING ACTIVITIES
Delivery of course information and learning activities.
+ ASSESSMENT ACTIVITIES
Performance tasks and Practical scenarios
- Simulated First Aid Scenario – Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of an AED and placing a casualty into the recovery position)
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on the simulated first aid scenario
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Manage a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Manage a casualty with asthma
- Manage a choking casualty
- Manage a casualty with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock, requiring minor wound cleaning
- Manage a casualty with a nosebleed
- Manage a casualty with a fracture and dislocation
- Manage a casualty with a sprain and strain
- Manage a casualty with envenomation (snake/ funnel-web spider bite)
- Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions.