Course Set - UETDRRF004 - Perform rescue from a live LV panel & HLTAID009 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation ($140 GST Free)
CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSCITATION AND LIVE LV PANEL RESCUE
The CPR and LVR course is essential if you are conducting live work or working with live switchboards. The course covers the performance of rescue procedures from a live Low Voltage (LV) apparatus, not including overhead lines and underground cables in the workplace.
It specifies the mandatory requirements of rescue from a live LV panel and how they apply in the context of transmission, distribution or rail work functions. It encompasses responsibilities for, health, safety and risk management processes at all operative levels and adherence to safety practices as part of the normal way of doing work.
Completing the course will provide an individual with the skills and knowledge to carry out and complete the LV panel rescue procedures and to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on a casualty in a range of situations. It consists of real-life practical skills and knowledge to allow the participant to be assessed as competent in providing CPR in line with Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines as well as rescue procedures from a LV apparatus.
Low voltage rescue comprises responsive operations that involve the saving of life, or prevention of injury during an incident or dangerous situation.
PROVIDER OF TRAINING AND ASSESSMENT
This course is delivered on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd - RTO 90909
Unit Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd - RTO 90909.
HLTAID009 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
UETDRRF004 - Perform rescue from a live LV Panel
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
Important information prior to enrolment
+ COURSE DELIVERY
This course will be delivered in the workplace or at a 1300DISASTER training facility.
+ ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Physical capability to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration skills including Participants must have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor and performing rescue breathing techniques on manikins
- Physical fitness to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration skills including manual handling in the rescue of a mock casualty
- Sufficient English language, literacy, numeracy and visual interpretation skills to successfully complete the course
- Personal safety equipment (PPE) must be provided by the student and worn during practical sessions
+ COURSE DURATION
- Face to Face – 5 hours (minimum) – full face to face course
- Blended delivery – 3.5 hours (minimum) face to face course – with the addition of 1-hour self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course
- Refresher training – 3.5 hours (minimum) – conditions apply for this option, for example, you will need to provide previous current certificates.
- Online Training with Face to Face Assessment - 30 minutes (minimum) face to face assessment with the addition of 5 hours of self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course.
+ ASSESSMENT REQUIREMENTS
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the section following.
+ CERTIFICATE RENEWAL REQUIREMENTS
Recommended renewal for HLTAID009 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation is every 12 months. UETDRRF004 - Perform a rescue from a live LV Panel - Industry standards for refresher training vary from state to state. Most states recommend refresher training for this unit every 12 months. No industry recommended renewal is identified on the certificate, employers are recommended to consult with stakeholders to identify appropriate training periods.
+ COURSE FEES AND PAYMENTS
Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
+ WORK PLACEMENT ARRANGEMENTS
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
+ LEARNERS RIGHTS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND SUPPORT, INCLUDING COMPLAINTS
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with 1300DISASTER. Please refer to the student handbook for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
What happens at the course?
+ LEARNING ACTIVITIES
Delivery of course information and learning activities.
+ ASSESSMENT ACTIVITIES
Assessments conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include:
- Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of an AED and placing a casualty into the recovery position)
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Inspection and placement of rescue equipment and performing a rescue
- Low voltage panel rescue
Theory assessment - A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions.